Monday, January 10, 2011

The Laundry List of Wishes

If I had a few more minutes in each hour of every day, I would first get through the stacks. The stacks of magazine back issues, laundry (both washed and unwashed), stacks of collected recipes and stacks of bills (paid and unpaid). I would then deal with the organizing. Organize the closets, the out of season clothes, the basement and the sundry little drawers that are full of sundry little things.

Once I am done with the stacks and the organizing, I would sit down with a cup of tea and blog, read, pick a hobby, listen to some new music, watch a movie, tend to the plants. I would plan - plan my summer garden, future road trips, future dinners, future party menus.

But in reality, if I had a few more minutes in each hour of every day, I would just sleep. Tucked under the comforter, with the curtains drawn for a few hours of bliss, of undisturbed sleep.

No comments: