Friday, August 31, 2007

Poem from the Past

After what seems like years I came across this poem today. It was B's favorite poem during our time in Mumbai. As we navigated our way through friendships, love, late nights and their accompanying morning after hangovers we could never shake off the feeling that it was all very transient in nature. We would leave at the end of the semester and it would end and the poem, a copy of which was stuck to a wall in our room served as a daily reminder of it.

And as strange as it may sound, some things did end soon after, one of them was my relationship with B. We stayed in touch for a while and then the relationship just fizzled out. She got married, moved away and I kept my distance. J and I kept in touch and so did a few others and every once in while B comes up in our conversations.

No comments: