- get a fat, lazy tabby cat from the local animal shelter and name him Tama-chan. I found the name while blog hopping and fell in love with its adipose laden, musical sound.
- learn how to move my left and right feet in sync with each other...preferably to good music. And if that works then I might even work on getting my arms to jiggle along, but given my past record that sounds mighty ambitious.
- get a drastic hair cut or even pink highlights..yes pink, not blonde. Why?? Because black hair with blonde highlights is eerily reminscent of kwashiorkor afflicted babies.
- take a cooking class.
- buy a blowtorch and use it to make creme bulee in cute-sy orange coloured ramekins.
figure out whether I need a teapot for once and all. And then depending on the decision either buy it or give up on the idea. No more loitering in the teapot aisle of lifestyle stores, lustily eyeing that perfect red one.My Mom in-law just got me one-7/4/2006.
- drive an u-haul truck.
- bungee jump once so that I may claim it as my hobby forever and impress people. Ditto for
white water rafting-9/3/2006, para sailing, para gliding and other "para" activities that involve being hurled from an aircraft.
- learn swimming as someday it might save my life.
- drop by Alaska to watch the northern lights in the company of polar bears.
- learn to speak atleast one foreign language because it might be cool.
- own a designer coffee table like this...totally ugly, uselss but undeniably hip and ooh-la-la.
- visit the cities in Bangladesh my grandparents called home before the Partition.
- paint a wall in my home a bright color and doodle on it.
- eat a whole tub of Häagen-Dazs Rum Raisin ice cream by myself.
- make the Boy eat oatmeal...he totally detests it.
- ride a roller coaster...something I totally detest.
make myself some original art.Here it is.
- try to develop a taste for sushi
and other assorted fresh seafoods. Taipei, sea vegetable...been there and done that, sushi here I come. learn how to tie a sari.Mission accomplished. learn how to parallel park like I have been doing it from day one on Planet Earth.As of August 2007, I have suddenly developed the ability to parallel park...wow! I still cannot believe that I can do it, just like that.
- dance at a wedding.
- watch 1,000 midshipmen clamber up an oily pole in May 2007. Just missed the 2006 climb.
- tile something - a kitchen backsplash, the bathroom, the inside of a closet...anything.
before I turn 40 (hopefully!) and can't stop thinking about my 401(k) plan. This list is a work in progress and shall be updated as and when I think up more to-do stuff.