Friday, April 21, 2006

Early Morning Ritual

Wake-y, Wake-y says the stupid cell phone in its moronic, dim-witted way.



I so badly want a kettle that will whistle, but have not found enough justification to shell out 20 bucks for it. Someday when I have that, my morning shall be complete. But till then this sauce pan shall do. The blue gas flame in a dark kitchen looks real nice and on a cold morning feels real nice too.


The sun is still diligently doing the whole wake-y, wake-y thing outside...


And inside tea leaves dance around in the hot water like some sixth grade science experiment set up to prove convection. The word Brownian motion dances around in my mind.
Yep! that's part of the ritual too...the chipped Martha Stewart mug, Google Reader and Blogger.
And now I really have to go to work....as long as I have known this is the most sucky part and will continue to be...



PS: The morning tea business is a new acquisition, ever since I figured out how to brew a perfect cup of Darjeeling tea. It's as simple as following the directions on the pack...who would have thunk???

12 comments:

Kumari said...

Gosh! I really must try to wake up by 5A.M someday. By 8, the Sun is scorching our backs here and that is teh only reason I get up; too much light in the room :)

The tea looks awesome but I can never start my day with chai. Need coffee :)

Anyesha said...

These were clicked sometime between 6:00 and 7:00 AM. The Boy wakes up when there is too much light though!! And he starts his day with coffee - a whole mug of milk with a tablespoon of Nescafe stirred in!!

Bidi-K said...

around the same time i wake up and the sky that i see on the train.. we just got a whistling kettle because K wanted one so badly, and it annoys me so much :) btw, nice new pic!

wandering dervish said...

eh he, you should have told me you wanted one! i left my almost-new whistling kettle in my maryland apartment!:-)

Me said...

Niiice pics. The tea looks like wine and Darjeeling tea..oh just the sound of it makes me all relaxed.

jhantu said...

Beautiful pictires, especialy the brownian motion one.

Ishan said...

This year was the first time I bought khola cha, from a Tea House near the Kalighat metro. It was Makaibari tea, pretty good. Also learnt to smell the leaves and decipher its quality. Brooke Bond sucks!

Joy Forever said...

Nicely written post, and nice photograps too! And did you take those sunflower photos on the left?

Anyesha said...

dervish: Now you tell me!! Anyway the Boy has promised to buy me one.

me:thanks

me-jhantu-nahi-hoon: Though you cannot see much of the twirling there.

ishan: Actually subho's cousin got us this bag of Darjeelig tea from FabIndia as a gift...exorbitantly priced but the tea is really good. Now I know why my parents hated the generic packaged stuff.

joy forever: Nah..its just a quirk of fate that these pictures came out nice...I am usually no good with a camera...the sunflowers were taken from some free blog template and added on.

Ayush said...

Its great to watch nature do the wakey-wakey dance. and enjoy it with a cup of tea ... ah!

Well, sometimes I just wander into that favourite of places, English Tea House in College Park for that cup of perfectly brewed Darjiling tea ...

But then good things do not last forever. Even though the last chnage of owners proved pretty bad for the Tea House, this time its gone bonkers! Some Asian couple has taken it over, and they not only do not know their teas (believe me!), they cannot even make a veggie-egg sandwich properly. Plus they are renaming the unique English Tea House to Asian Grill (how original!) and I am sure the Kung-Pao Chicken would follow on the menu. Sigh!

Anyesha said...

ayush: On my first and last trip to the English Tea House I was served a tepid amber liquid...their version of Darjeeling tea made by a bored college kid. I vowed to teach them the basics of brewing a good cuppa and left in a hurry.

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Nice idea, nice post.
The Uber-Manager and the Very Small Person are late risers, so I often get that hour alone in the morning. Soul time.

J.A.P.