Thursday, December 22, 2005

Its Officially Christmas

or whichever politically correct holiday name you want to call it....its here. To celebrate the next four days of stay-at-home-and-do-nothing bliss we went out and watched "The Squid and the Whale", which is a touching portrayal of divorce and how it affects children. It also has Laura Linney in it - she of those maginficiently twinkling eyes. May I also recommend P.S. which happens to be one her lesser known movies. If there was an Oscar for the most dazzling intimate scene in a movie it should have gone to her hands down. This woman can convey the equivalent of some severe bedroom acrobatics with a mere turn of the lip and a glint in the eye. And we did watch "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" last night and I will have to admit that it is quite an enjoyable caper. It manages to keep you smiling even through the five minute video game like shootout at the end. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie look really good. We plan on watching "Memoirs of a Geisha" sometime over the weekend simply because it will be playing in the local theatre and we never miss any movie that it plays. Saw some of the trailers today and could not help but wonder about the little role reversal; Ang Lee (of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon fame) makes Brokeback Mountain this year while Rob Marshall (of Chicago fame) makes Memoirs of a Geisha...interesting. Okay, enough about the movies.

Subho has work to do tomorrow, so I am still in two minds about whether to show up at work tomorrow or not. I might decOtherwise I will land up making the Boy waste his time. Boy is getting some cool stuff for Christmas. I have a bunch of stuff to take care of before I head home. Infact I am dreading a particular trip I will have to make one of these days which will require me to get out of bed by 4:30 AM. I know that's insane, the only times I have woken up that early is when I have had to take the 6:30 AM train to New Delhi after semester breaks.

Scrapping in Orkut is turning out to be quite a fun activity. It is my new and highly efficient time wasting tool. Oh! the pleasure of seeing friends flirt with random strangers through scraps. But nothing beats the cheap thrill of rejecting umpteen offers of doing friendship from chivalrous Indian gentlemen. Its really difficult to resist the temptation of saying something as tacky as " I do a lot of things darling, but friendship is certainly not one one of them...I am just not that sort of girl". But something tells me that the joke would just boink off a hollow cranium somewhere.


GOOGLE SEARCH OF THE DAY (till now): Anna Paquin

2 comments:

Sagnik Nandy said...

what is worse - random ppl asking you to do friedship on orkut or on your blog?? chah! i know of so many folks who thought orkut will help them get married :) Happy Holidays to you and Subhomoy.

Anyesha said...

On my blog randome people only ask me to visit their sites which specilise in home financing or some such nonsense. All the lubhly frandship offers happen on orkut..and I thought I had left all that behind in Pilani...Happy Holidays to you too.