Friday, July 08, 2005

That was Easy!!!

Every self respecting blogger comes to this point in his/her blogging career sooner or later, infact it is almost like the midlife crisis equivalent of the blog life. I am talking about that moment when you hit the "Create New Post" button and then stare blankly at the screen and a feeling of ennui slowly descends as you realise that you don't have much to say. A few precious minutes spent in this stage and you panic...."WHAT? I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY" you wonder aloud in your mind. This is followed by a mad scramble to recollect all the events of the previous day -"Nope!! no hope there, no one proposed to me, I did not insult anyone or get insulted by anyone and folks around me did not indulge in any behaviour remotely stereotypical of their race, gender or sexual orientation ". Well what about the day before yesterday - Nada, Zilch, nothing interesting ("Wow, how come I never realised till date that I lead such an unhappening life!!!"). At this stage you could either rant about the state of the world, the problem of terrorism, the African debt etc. etc. and plunge yourself further into the deep hole of depression or you could babble about the neighbour's talking dog and singing cat or you could do what I just did - Write this post!!!!

6 comments:

Ayush said...

Hmm, What is worse than writer's block syndrome?

Writing about writer's block syndrome..... :)

Kumari said...

and that's when i decide to take Greek Myth classes...kind of camouflage the fact that i have nothing to say :)

blocs said...

hi Anyesha...am in DC for the summer and was wanting to attend the live performance of Antardhwani at Nyumburu Cultural Center on July 23rd...had a couple of questions...for one is it open to the public and for two, how does one get there from the Metro (UMCP/Greenbelt Station)...

blocs said...

thanks A...I could not find your email address and so responding here...just let me know if they would let people from outside the campus...and if there is a contact address...sorry...guchho jalachhi...my email address is inane.understandings@gmail.com

blocs said...

thanks a ton...lets see how my schedule works out...will definitely correspond if the opportunity arises…bhalo theko:)

vashok said...

Hi,

Is this a mass blockers syndrome or what?? I regularly check only a few friends blogs...(4 to be exact) and two of them had interesting musings about Writers block...
U should check this other one out!!!

http://iamnotinukraine.blogspot.com/