Thursday, July 07, 2005

Morning Tea, Toast and other Home Smells

It’s a surreal experience to be woken up by my parents in the morning (they are yet to get over the fact that I wake up at 6:45 and get to work by 7:30 in the morning…they wake up by 6:00 and expect me to do the same!!) and then be served breakfast by Mom (who then packs a nice lunch for me). I left home in 1997 and after so many years of living by myself it’s hard to get used to this attention. More than all the attention, it is really hard to get used to the fact that everyone at home is awake in the morning…for the last two years I was the only one awake between the hours of 6 and 7:30 in the morning. But I have to admit that its nice to have my apartment smell like home again (that horrible smell of freshly assembled furniture is finally gone).
Mom and Dad have settled in nicely, they love the neighborhood lake and its adjoining woods. Infact they look forward to their daily walk around the lake. This weekend will probably be spent doing the usual rounds of DC on the Metro and then in another week or two they will go off to Boston to meet my uncle.

3 comments:

Sagnik Nandy said...

darn you fortunate woman with parents and hubby around :(( imagine being a jobless grad student who is miles away from home and Rome :(

Kumari said...

You are indeed lucky...my last effort at making the house smell like home was light incense and stick it in all corners ...my mom just bought the passport form...sigh :(

Anyesha said...

I am actually not thinking of the day they leave and reality strikes back with a vengeance.